Board Orientation Resources (as of May 2021)
The resources below are a selection intended to orient new board members to L’Arche values, culture, governance and structures and to introduce Federation vision and work at the international and national levels. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to report links in need of updating.
- 8 Guiding Principles from L’Arche USA Constitution
- Charter Inspiration Wall
- As I Am Series
- Introduction to Henri Nouwen’s Spirituality of Fundraising (N Ball)
- Glossary of Terms (L’Arche USA)
- Cross-cutting Themes
- L’Arche USA Membership Agreement and Policy Manual
- L’Arche USA Community Fee Structure
- L’Arche USA Community Mandate and Leader Discernment Process
- L’Arche USA Webinar on Board Member On-Boarding: Materials | Prezi Presentation
- L’Arche International Role of Board in L’Arche with overview Video (6 minutes)
- L’Arche International What Does it Mean to Be a Member?
- L’Arche International Mandate and Easy Read Version
- L’Arche USA Mandate and Strategic Directions
- Global Solidarity
- International Charter Process
On-going Learning: Please note that L’Arche USA also hosts periodic webinars for Board members. We are happy to share resources and to hear ideas for future topics. Most recent:
- May 2021: Effective Board Chairing: Prep Materials | Presentation | Video
- October 2020: Fundraising: Prep Materials | Presentation | Video
- January 2020: Diversifying Boards: Materials | Presentation | Videos with Portland & Boston North
Please reach out to email@example.com with questions or needs.