L’Arche Harbor House
Community Leader: Melanie Saxon
700 Arlington Road North
Jacksonville, FL 32211-7306
Phone: (904) 721-5992
Fax: (904) 721-7143
Founded in 1985, L’Arche Harbor House of Jacksonville, Florida is a faith-filled residential community for adults with developmental disabilities and the caring assistants who choose to live with them as family. The continuing success of this unique concept depends on a dedicated staff, active community volunteers and benefactors, and a close, mutually supportive relationship with L’Arche communities around the world.
Quick facts about L’Arche Harbor House:
- Harbor House was founded by Catholics as a sanctuary for people of all faiths.
- Our campus is located on Arlington Road, next door to Christ the King Parish.
- Facilities include five homes, a community center, and The Rainbow Workshop, an off-campus day program that nurtures creativity and personal growth.
- Core persons, our members with developmental disabilities, number about 20.
- L’Arche assistants come from diverse backgrounds and nationalities. They do not need special training before coming to the community – only a special kind of heart.
- Devoted volunteers serve in many capacities; as short-term house assistants; artists and aides at the Rainbow; members of the Board, Auxiliary Board, and a variety of committees; friends and visitors.
- All who come are transformed in their personal faith and growth through relationships within our community.
- We strive to reveal Christ in each person and to be a sign of hope.
- Harbor House is the only L’Arche community in Florida.
- L’Arche Harbor House, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) agency, tax-exempt as an organization described in ITC Section 501 (c)(3) of the Code. Donations in support of L’Arche Harbor House are gratefully received and are fully tax deductible.